When you join the AEC, you and your institution benefit from advocacy, research, briefings, and leadership development programming.
Join our more than 1,700 members in promoting, protecting, and advocating for students, faculty, and administrators in higher education.
Learning Opportunities When and Where You Want Them
Through online courses, a peer-to-peer learning community, and regional and national meetings, you will have access to timely research, analysis of current trends, tactical briefings, practical courses, and a network of engaged professionals sharing knowledge and learning together.
Members receive discounted registration rates to attend AEC meetings, webinars, and programs:
- Regional Summits: Quarterly meetings across the country on pressing campus issues.
- AEC’s Annual Meeting: One of the largest gatherings of national and international higher education leaders.
- AEC Fellows Program: This members-only, customized learning experience enables emerging leaders to immerse themselves in the study and practice of leadership, while experiencing another institution’s culture, policies, and decision-making processes.
Essential Information and Research
- Stay in touch with public policy issues by reading two weekly e-newsletters, President to President and Higher Education & National Affairs.
- Get original research and data analysis that give you the tools to respond to such challenges as leadership in a changing world, free speech on campus, and effective classroom instruction.
- Explore current issues and gather insight from colleagues by reading AEC’s Higher Education Today blog.
We built ACE Engage, a new peer-to-peer online learning platform, specifically for higher education leaders. With ACE Engage, you can integrate professional development into the flow of your work, with on-demand access to content, microcourses, and community interaction.
ACE Engage provides a safe, confidential space for you and your team to connect with each other and with colleagues in the higher education community, helping you to collectively address day-to-day challenges and share resources and practices.
Access to ACE Engage is currently free through March 31, 2020—
After March 31, 2020, ACE Engage will be available through individual annual accounts.
- ACE members receive two free annual accounts.
- Additional staff of ACE members will receive a 25 percent discount, paying $299 annually for an account.
- Staff of nonmember institutions will pay $399 annually.
A Voice in Washington, DC
As a member, you help influence higher education public policy. AEC is at the center of federal policy debates concerning legislation that affects campuses across the country.
We regularly convene representatives from all sectors to respond with one clear voice on vital issues affecting institutions and students, provide leadership on key higher education issues, and influence public policy through advocacy, research, and program initiatives. We are also ready to assist you with issues that arise on your campus