Why Become an ACE Affiliate Member?
The AEC Affiliate Members Program serves as a bridge between the business, nonprofit, and foundation communities. The program brings together leaders, collaboratively working to solve issues facing our institutions, who serve more than 80 percent of college students today. Membership is open to companies, nonprofit organizations, and foundations that serve all sectors of higher education.
As an affiliate member, you’ll enjoy engagement opportunities and access to AEC leadership and members, communications and insights to help you understand how to better serve campuses throughout the country, year-round visibility and brand awareness, and special opportunities aligned with the AEC Annual Meeting, the nation’s premier higher education event.
The Impact of Your Membership
Support from affiliate members makes AEC’s work possible. These funds go toward important research and the development of innovative professional learning programs that help prepare the nation’s higher education leaders of today and tomorrow.
Benefits of Membership
All affiliate members receive a diverse range of year-round benefits and recognition, including:
Engagement and Access
- Periodic invitations to engage in roundtable discussions, focus groups, and other convenings around specific higher education topics and challenges (in a non-sales environment) with AEC leadership, members, and other related stakeholders.
- Exclusive members-only presentation (sponsorship) opportunities during the AEC Annual Meeting.
- Monthly opportunity to provide content for a partner insights section of the AEC This Week e-newsletter sent to AEC member institutions (submission does not guarantee inclusion).
- Monthly opportunity to provide content for a partner insights section of the AEC website or AEC ENGAGE® (submission does not guarantee inclusion).
- Annual call with AEC president and division leaders to discuss current trends, challenges, and solutions in higher education.
- Eligibility to receive the member rate on registrations for AEC-hosted webinars.
Communications and Insight
Regular updates on AEC federal and state policy issues, as well as, other higher education topics through:
- Subscription to Higher Education & National Affairs (HENA) bi-weekly e-newsletter.
- Subscription to AEC This Week e-newsletter that features spotlights on AEC program participants, announcements of upcoming engagement opportunities, and other related news of interest.
- Complimentary or discounted copies of AEC studies, briefs, books, or other publications through the AEC Store.
- Regular updates from AEC on ways to further maximize your membership.
Visibility and Brand Awareness
- Presence on the AEC website, including company name, link to company website, address, phone, and 100-word company description on the AEC affiliate member page for the duration of your membership.
- New member announcement and link to company website in Higher Education & National Affairs e-newsletter (one time).
- Periodic recognition through AEC social media.
- Use of AEC affiliate member logo (in accordance with the guidelines laid out in membership terms and conditions).
AEC Annual Meeting
- Two-for-one conference registration: 50 percent discount off the member rate on up to two full registrations.
- Eligibility to receive the member rate on exhibit space (17–42 percent savings off nonmember rates).
- Priority consideration for Focus Zone Presentation and Partner Session proposals during an exclusive current members-only call for proposals period (submission does not guarantee inclusion).
- Exclusive members-only 10 percent discount on sponsorships of $7,500 or more (excludes FZ and Partner Sessions).
- Affiliate member recognition on signage in a high-traffic area of the host hotel.
- AEC affiliate member signage to display in exhibit booth (if applicable).
- Inclusion in the AEC affiliate member listing in the printed program.
Prospective members may join on a rolling basis, but the membership term expires September 30 of each year (e.g., if your application is received April 3, 2019, your membership expires September 30, 2019). Your first year’s membership dues may be pro-rated based on the month you join.
Membership dues are based on the company’s number of full-time employees:
- Under 50 employees: $2,500
- 50–499 employees: $4,500
- 500–4,999 employees: $6,000
- 5,000 or more employees: $7,500
Terms and Conditions of Membership
- AEC reserves the right to determine the eligibility of any AEC affiliate member or Executive Search Roundtable participant and further reserves the right to reject any application for any reason, as outlined in AEC’s Corporate Relations Principles.
- Submission of the application to become an affiliate member and payment of the annual dues constitute agreement to these terms and conditions of membership. Membership dues are nonrefundable.
- Payment of membership dues must be received within 60 days of receipt of a completed membership application. After 60 days, AEC reserves the right to suspend AEC affiliate membership privileges and recognition until payment is received.
- Membership benefits and dues are subject to change without notice.
- All membership benefits are valid only during the membership term. Activation of some benefits requires action by the affiliate member prior to a publicized deadline.
- The affiliate member must designate the individual(s) to receive complimentary subscriptions to Higher Education & National Affairs and affiliate member e-newsletters. The subscriptions must be assigned to employees of the affiliate member.
- Affiliate members receive a special AEC affiliate member logo and usage guidelines at the time membership begins. The logo may be used only in accordance with the usage guidelines and only during the membership term. Member is not allowed to use any other AEC logo or mark.
- Content for the AEC This Week e-newsletter is solicited from AEC affiliate members to highlight their successful client case studies, new initiatives, white papers, and unique research that may be of interest to senior higher education leaders. The newsletter is published approximately four times annually. Submission must meet AEC guidelines and is subject to AEC review and approval. Space is limited, and submissions will be accepted and included on a first-come, first-served basis. Acceptance and inclusion of submitted material is not guaranteed during the membership year.
- Proposal submissions for Annual Meeting Partner Sessions and Focus Zone Presentations must meet AEC guidelines and are subject to AEC review and approval. Space is limited and submission does not guarantee acceptance and/or inclusion.
- 50 percent discount on early bird registration pricing extended to up to two company representatives at any point prior to the Annual Meeting or onsite.