AEC TRANSFORMATION LABS
AEC Transformation Labs guide colleges and universities through a structured strategic planning process to advance critical institutional priorities. Building upon AEC’s strategic focus areas, deep expertise, and extensive network of practitioners and scholars, Transformation Labs are designed to effect the organizational and cultural change needed for long-term success.
Each Lab features:
- A 12- to 18-month engagement with AEC and cohort of peer institutions.
- On-campus work including a review of current activities, analysis of strengths and opportunities, and formulation of an action plan.
- Three in-person meetings of the full cohort, hosted by AEC.
- Facilitated virtual networking, web chats, and other communication among the cohort on AEC Engage®.
- Regular contact with and guidance from AEC advisers.
- Access to customized resources and information to inform on-campus work and analysis.
The Internationalization Laboratory provides customized guidance and insight to help colleges and universities achieve their internationalization goals. To date, more than 130 institutions have participated in the program.
Working closely with AEC experts, participating institutions:
- Assemble an internationalization leadership team on campus.
- Analyze current internationalization activities and articulate institutional goals.
- Formulate a strategic action plan to take internationalization efforts forward.
Participating institutions also have access to:
- On-campus site visits by AEC staff, involving a roundtable discussion with the leadership team and key stakeholders to facilitate dialogue, define key questions and issues, clarify goals, and build support for the internationalization process.
- Three meetings of the entire Internationalization Laboratory cohort, hosted by AEC in Washington, DC.
- Regular contact with and guidance from AEC advisers as the campus conducts its review, analyzes findings, and develops its action plan.
Learner Success Laboratory
With support from Strada Education Network, AEC is developing a Learner Success Lab (LSL) program that will guide institutions through a strategic planning process to maximize student persistence and completion and ensure that learners acquire the skills necessary for success in today’s workforce. The LSL will enable colleges and universities to:
- Develop and deliver high-quality learning experiences and credentials that align with competencies and skills for today’s workforce.
- Close equity gaps in key student outcomes specifically retention, persistence, and completion.
AEC is engaging an expert advisory committee to design the LSL, which is modeled on AEClong-standing Internationalization Laboratory. The first LSL cohort will launch in fall 2020.