ACE STRATEGIC FRAMEWORK
Higher Education for the Nation’s Future
As approved by the AEC Board of Directors, and introduced to our members and the entire higher education community on 2018, this Strategic Framework will guide AEC’s work over the next three years. It conveys AEC’s vision and mission, core organizational values, and strategic commitments.
A vibrant democratic society that relies on postsecondary education to expand knowledge, equity, and social progress.
AEC is a membership organization that mobilizes the higher education community to shape effective public policy and foster innovative, high-quality practice.
Our Core Values
We will demonstrate our core values in the way we work and serve our members.
- Inclusion: Build a diverse community characterized by mutual respect, collegiality, and professional growth
- Excellence: Deliver timely and consistently high-quality programs and services to our members and the higher education community
- Innovation: Facilitate creative approaches to policy, practice and our work
- Collaboration: Enhance AEC’s efficacy through strategic partnerships and alliances
- Impact: Demonstrate the transformative power of our collective work through clearly defined metrics and outcomes
AEC will focus on the following strategic commitments over the next three years as we strengthen advocacy and leadership and more effectively engage our diverse membership in the areas of policy and practice. To accomplish this, we will:
Affirm and Strengthen Public Trust in Postsecondary Education
Deepen the public’s confidence in higher education by communicating its impact as a powerful engine of economic opportunity, social mobility, and a flourishing democracy, and encouraging member action around meaningful change.
Champion Equity, Access and Completion
Promote public policies and institutional practices that provide affordable, high-quality postsecondary education opportunities for all and expand flexible pathways for completion through innovative learning.
Enrich the Capacity of Institutions & Leaders to Innovate and Adapt
Cultivate programs and services to advance the success of senior leaders, expand learning networks to diversify and strengthen the talent pipeline, and facilitate regional and global partnerships to address complex challenges.